This position will develop and execute the College’s strategies to engage key stakeholders, build visibility, and meet the College’s enrollment, engagement, and fundraising goals. It will implement the goals and objectives of Georgetown College through a consistent brand message and visual identity in College publications, social media, advertising, promotional material, website, and other internal and external marketing communications.
Expectations of Employee
- Adhere to College Policy and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the College
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meet department productivity standards
- Work with the Associate Vice President to develop and manage a comprehensive branding and marketing plan for the College including developing themes, identifying target audiences, and media selection.
- Develop and execute marketing and advertising strategies that align with the College’s strategic plan and mission.
- Develop and oversee the production of marketing campaigns and materials.
- Lead in formulating and maintaining a web and digital marketing plan to engage prospective and current students, parents, alumni, friends, faculty and staff.
- Manage the social media outlets of the College.
- Make regular posts to all social media outlets of the College.
- Create and coordinate digital media marketing initiatives to promote the College and engage all constituent groups.
- Manage the web and social media analytics to promote the College through appropriate outlets.
- Work with departments on campus to promote and use a consistent social media brand for internal and external markets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional skills desired but not required:
- Understanding of graphic design.
- Experience with branding and image campaign strategies.
- Knowledge of website development and design (including html, css, xml, php).
- Video streaming/webcasting and production experience.
- Website analytic tracking (Google, Google webmaster tool, email tracking)
- Google search management.
- Wikipedia posting management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience — Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in related field of study; Master’s degree or higher in Marketing/Communications is preferred; at least 3 years’ related experience in the Marketing field required; Marketing experience at a college or university is preferred.
- Mathematical – Basic mathematical skills required.
- Reasoning — Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Various certifications, licenses, and registration in field of study preferred, but not required.
For more information or to apply:
Tracie Shapiro, Director of HR, Georgetown College
Email / Phone: (502) 863-8149