Sheehy is a full-service advertising and marketing agency headquartered in Louisville, KY. With the region’s largest media team we handle planning and procurement across all forms of media in more than 50 markets nationwide.
We are looking for a Media Planner/Buyer who thrives in a team environment to work in our Louisville office. This person will handle all aspects of media planning and buying with heavy emphasis on broadcast in multiple local media markets. Under limited supervision, this position may also include local print and out-of-home.
As a Media Planner/Buyer you will be responsible for maintaining strong vendor relationships, making decisions on routine issues independently, and working on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. This position must also exercise good judgment within defined procedures and practices using professional concepts to determine appropriate action, requiring minimal oversight.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications or related field – or related industry experience.
- QSR experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Strata a plus
- 5+ years of media planning and buying experience
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and group setting not limited to clients, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of negotiating techniques, estimating techniques and basic research
- Ability to work successfully with teams, clients and vendors in order to handle multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Critical and creative thinking to develop strategic advertising and media solutions
- Working comprehension of strategy development and required media math
- Clearly communicate critical thinking and analysis in business writing
- Develop media strategy based upon client objectives
- Write, present and execute media recommendations and POV’s
- Ability to work in the Louisville office and travel twice a year for client meetings
Send resume and references with salary requirements to email@example.com